Thursday, May 14

knitting a wedding garter

I put all of my other knitting aside to work on the wedding garter. Instead of doing the easy sure thing, I decided that I should keep trying knitted edgings from Barbara Walker's books until I find what I like. The problem is that I like trying out patterns so much I haven't made any progress on the garter! I can't decide which to use. Because most of the patterns I'm trying are from her second book, they aren't charted (the charts didn't start until her third book). I'm getting lots of good practice charting patterns! (Not because I can't follow written instructions, because I just like to chart things.) I really enjoy this part of knitting--playing around with stitch patterns and other design options. But tomorrow I will have to come to a decision and get started knitting the garter! Here's one of my possibilities:

No comments:

Post a Comment