Tuesday, March 31

how big is a baby's foot?

Another kink has come up in my baby sock escapade: the sock is too small. I emailed my friend to ask her how long Teresa's foot was (how amazing that my roommate from college has one baby and another on the way!). Maggie said her foot was about 4 1/2 inches long. So I made the sock 4 1/2 inches long. But it looks skinny. Too skinny to fit over her ankle without cutting off circulation.

Oh, dear.

I started over, again, this time using size 2 (3.00mm) needles and casting on 40 sts. I think I've finally got it right this time... it will be at least 5 inches around for the instep, and I'll probably make it closer to 5 inches long.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha thought of you and your meerkat fascination; besides, this is the comic I always talk about!

    http://xkcd.com/115/

    ReplyDelete